Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
LMHA Online Pre-Application
We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to submit a pre-application for housing at LMHA using our 24 hour online Pre-Application System! We believe offering this service to the community we will make it easier for you and your family to see which housing opportunities are available, and apply wherever you are!Please read the general overview and instructions carefully. These instructions will help you understand what to expect once your pre-application is submitted. The online pre-application is the only method for applying for housing at LMHA.
- Available Programs: The online system will only let you apply for programs whose waiting list is currently open. If the program listing is not open you will not be able to apply.
- Rules and qualifications may differ by housing program or waiting list type. Please read the instructions thoroughly.
- Submit only one Pre-Application! Duplicate forms will not be accepted!
- Help us reach you! Applicants who provide LMHA with their valid Email Address in the pre-application will be able to check the status of their application online using our online Applicant Portal . We highly recommend keeping your email address current for the most up-to-date status information.
- Public Housing Applications will receive emails regarding application classes with date and times as they become available.
Online Pre-Application Disclaimer: Pre-Applications can be received online anytime during the period the list is open.
- Once you apply online, you will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge LMHA’s successful receipt of your pre-application.
Preferred Contact Method: To expedite our ability to contact you, and as part of our desire to be environmentally responsible, LMHA recommends applicants provide and always keep the following up to date:
- Email Address – email addresses allow us a fast way to reach you. Also, if your pre-application is accepted for the waiting list, an email address will be needed to access LMHA’s Applicant Portal. The Applicant Portal is an online system that will allow you to check the status and update your application information online!
- Cell Phone for Text Messages – If your application is accepted we want to reach you as fast as possible!
- Physical Mailing Address – It is your responsibility to keep the address in your application up to date.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by LMHA.
- The head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application.
- Applicants or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to LMHA or any other housing authority will not be offered assistance.
- ACCEPTABLE BACKGROUND CHECK – All applicants, which includes all adult members of the family, must pass a criminal background check. Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED - To complete LMHA’s online pre-application process, please have available:
- The social security numbers, names and dates of birth of all family members.
- The income(s) of all family members
- Make sure you have entered all information correctly. Failure to do so may result in LMHA being unable to process your application.
- IMPORTANT!! Your confirmation number acknowledges a successful transmission of the pre-application. Please write it down, print, email yourself or an advocate/person who may assist you. Your confirmation number will be used for registering to our Application Portal.
E-SIGNATURE AND ELECTRONIC DISCLOSURE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
- This E-Signature and Electronic Disclosures Agreement (“eSign Agreement”) applies to all communications, documents, disclosures (“Communications”) and electronic signatures related to the services offered or accessible through this online application process for all applicants, co-applicants and other individuals listed on any application or form including beneficiaries and authorized users, if applicable.
- Agreement to Conduct Transaction by Electronic means: You agree to conduct the transactions offered through this online application process by electronic means and acknowledge that all documents, disclosures, forms and other information related to such transactions completed through this online process will result in your pre-application submission. You also agree that you have adequate access to a computer or device with sufficient internet connectivity to submit your application and LMHA has no liability whatsoever for not receiving your pre-application or information updates.
- Agreement to Use Electronic Signatures: You specifically agree that any electronic signatures that you provide through this online process are valid and enforceable as your legal signature. You acknowledge that these electronic signatures will legally bind you to the terms and conditions contained in the related documents just as if you had physically signed the same documents with a pen.
- Agreement to Be Contacted Electronically: Whenever possible, and at LMHA’s discretion, you agree to receive all communications associated with the pre-application or transactions available through this online application process through electronic means including this web based electronic interface, email, or LMHA Applicant Portal.
UPDATING YOUR APPLICATION
The Applicant Portal will allow applicants to update Email or Mailing Address, phone number, income, family composition, etc. information online.
- NO changes will be accepted over the phone!
The Lucas Metropolitan Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in housing programs or activities.
Enter your Agent Code here...